Wardrobe room of 5 square meters. meters
A dressing room is a separate room for storing clothes, shoes, which the vast majority of women dream of, even some men. In very small apartments, you will have to be content with a closet at best, in the more spacious there is the opportunity to equip the whole room. When the design of the dressing room is 5 square meters. m or a little more, made in accordance with all the rules, the room is able to compactly contain everything you need - holiday dresses, casual clothes, shoes, various accessories.
Benefits of the wardrobe room
Compared to several wardrobes and chests of drawers “scattered” around the apartment, the wardrobe has the following advantages:
- frees up space in other parts of the apartment, at home. No cabinets, linen dressers, hat hangers, shoe racks - everything folds compactly, hangs out in one room;
- settles down practically in any place of the apartment - a bedroom, a corridor, a drawing room, a loggia, under a ladder, in an attic;
- order - clothes do not wallow anywhere, one way or another, moving to the dressing room;
- the possibility of arranging things on shelves, hangers, and then not turning the whole apartment upside down, in search of the right one;
- the ability to use the room completely - up to the ceiling, placing part of the clothes on open hangers, shelves;
- in the dressing room, besides a wardrobe or instead of it, dressers, a lot of shelves, floor hangers, mirrors, a compact ironing board are installed;
- furniture for wardrobes of different sizes, sold by many companies at once as a whole set or assembled from separate modules at the request of the customer.
Under the dressing room, they often allocate a small pantry (closet), a loggia, an insulated balcony or simply enclose a free corner of one of the rooms with a screen.
To accommodate almost everything you need, 3-4 square meters is sometimes enough. m., and if it was possible to allocate 5-6 meters - even more so.
Depending on the placement, the shape of the wardrobe is:
- angular - use two adjacent walls, along which they place cabinets, mount shelves, racks, open hangers, mirrors. The third side is a sliding semicircular door or screen. This dressing room is easily placed in the bedroom;
- parallel - usually square, shelves, racks are placed on opposite walls;
- linear - has a rectangular shape, racks are mounted along one wall, as in a wardrobe;
- L-shaped - the entrance is usually located on one of the narrow sides. Two more walls are adjacent, on the fourth they have closed racks;
- U-shaped - three walls are fully used. Racks, rods are arranged in two rows, the upper row is lowered with the help of a pantograph, sliding drawers and sections are mounted below;
- in a niche - the area will be small, but it’s also easy to place everything you need there.
Some dressing room layouts are able to accurately adjust the shape of other adjacent rooms.
The style of the interior should be closely intertwined with rooms located in the immediate vicinity - a bedroom, a living room, etc.
All kinds of materials are used:
- plastic - for the manufacture of shelves, drawers, wall panels;
- drywall - the material of the partitions that separate the dressing room from other rooms;
- wood, including cork - like wall cladding, the material of cabinets, racks, shelves;
- steel, aluminum - the material of the racks, crossbars, individual shelves;
- rattan, vine - wicker baskets for storing small items;
- paint, wallpaper - wall decoration material;
- glass - sliding wardrobe doors of individual styles are made of matte or transparent.
Fabrics for covering walls and furniture are rarely used, as they are able to collect dust, and in a confined space it is not so easy to remove.
The most suitable styles for the wardrobe:
- boiserie - all available shelves are attached directly to the walls, without cluttering the interior with vertical racks;
- classic - shelves, cabinets, wooden frames, but solidly, fully it looks only in large rooms;
- minimalism - bright, contrasting colors, clear simple shapes, plastic panels;
- loft - shelves made of MDF, fiberboard against the background of "brick-like" walls;
- hi-tech - shiny chrome racks, glass shelves;
- ethnic - racks, stylized as bamboo stems, part of the shelves - wicker from the vine;
- Art Nouveau - universal, most often bright colors, without unnecessary decor, it is possible to use plastic baskets, textile organizers;
- Provence - faded colors, romantic patterns, antique design.
It is rare that an interior is kept strictly in the same style, usually representing a laconic mixture of two or three.
Colors are chosen to suit the overall style of adjacent rooms. It is important not to overload the interior with unnecessary details. The background is predominantly neutral, so as not to distort the true colors of the garments. In a very cramped room preferred:
- cream yellow;
- light green;
- pale blue;
- silver gray;
- pale golden;
- light pink;
For a room of 6 square meters or more, especially with windows, dark, mostly cold, colors are allowed - dark gray, blue-brown, graphite-black, olive. For rooms with windows to the north or without them, apply warm, bright colors.
If space needs to be visually made lower, the walls, closed cabinets are decorated with horizontal stripes, and it is easy to increase the height using vertical elements. When you want to expand the room slightly, a light monophonic tile is laid on the floor diagonally.
Lighting is preferably spot, LED, halogen, not necessarily bright. Chandeliers, sconces, floor lamps will occupy the useful space of an already cramped room. Fluorescent lamps consume a small amount of electricity, but they do not look too beautiful. A flat ceiling lamp can be combined with a thin LED strip launched on the bottom, middle of the racks.
It would be a good idea to install a dressing room near the window, but if its area is four or five meters, then the wall with the window cannot be used to the full. In the corner room for clothes, you can fix a table lamp on a clothespin, a pair of spotlights, which turn as needed in any direction. The presence of large mirrors, white glossy planes, will create the impression of a large space filled with light.
To visually change the shape of the room, various lighting techniques are also used:
- when you want to make the room less elongated, the upper part of the long walls is brightly highlighted;
- to make the square higher, the perimeter of the ceiling is highlighted, the upper parts of all four walls;
- if you need to visually expand the room, highlight the walls below, cabinets, ceiling.
If the wardrobe is equipped with a motion sensor, then the light there will light up when the doors are opened.
Arrangement and organization of space
The men's wardrobe is very different from the women's more uniform content, the emphasis is on functionality - there is no superfluous here. In the dressing room, where things are located for the whole family, you should create a certain zoning, separating at least children's clothing from adult. If possible, each member of the family is allocated a separate space - if the size of the dressing room is 3 or 4 meters, it is difficult, but possible.
Of the wardrobe equipments usually used:
- rods, pantographs - rods for dresses, cloaks are made up to 170-180 cm high, depending on the length of the items of clothing. For shorter clothes, a lower level is made - about 100 cm. Pantographs are hung under the ceiling, lowering if necessary;
- hangers for skirts, trousers - placed at a height of about 60 cm from the floor;
- closed boxes - well protected from dust, some equipped with dividers. They store small items of underwear, bedding, hosiery, jewelry;
- shelves - extendable, stationary. For small objects with a width of 30-40 cm, for large, rarely used objects - up to 60 cm, they are placed under the ceiling;
- baskets, boxes - can simply stand on shelves or extend. Suitable for economy interior;
- shelves for shoes - open, closed, extendable, up to 60 cm high. Boots are kept in limbo;
- hangers for ties, belts, belts, scarves, scarves, umbrellas - are located on the bar, like ordinary hangers, retractable or circular;
- mirrors - large, full-length, opposite it is another, smaller one, to examine itself from all sides;
- places for items used in the household - brushes, ironing boards, irons, etc., are provided only if there was enough space for them;
- a pouf or dressing table is placed subject to availability.
The decoration of this room should be as ergonomic as possible - to get any thing should not be difficult, each shelf, drawer, hanger is easily accessible.
Here's what designers recommend when planning basic storage systems:
- design directly depends on what clothes a person who owns a dressing room wears. If he or she doesn’t wear uniform trousers, preferring sports ones, then a pair of pants will not be appropriate. When the chosen style of clothing does not imply long coats, dresses "on the floor", then replace one high bar-bar with two - on top and in the middle;
- ventilation of this room is necessary - ventilation systems should be carefully thought out in advance, this will protect clothing from excessive moisture, which is especially true for ground floors, unpleasant odors that sometimes leak from the kitchen;
- in a small dressing room do not store extra items - skis, rollers, dumbbells and more. It is also difficult to place a large wall mirror here - it is replaced with a mirror door;
- modular storage system is the most convenient, compact. Small items of linen are stored in pull-out sections, on narrow shelves, on wider ones - pastel linen, knitwear. On special hooks hang ties, belts, bags;
- the most used clothes are placed in a prominent place so as not to look for a long time. Those items that are worn only occasionally are stored at the top, and to get them you need a folding step-ladder or a special step-stand;
- ottoman for comfortable dressing, undressing will come in handy even in such a cramped space.
Large bulky items of furniture should not be placed in the dressing room, otherwise there will be absolutely no space left.
There are a lot of design solutions for wardrobe design. When planning this room with your own hands, they estimate how many things are planned to be stored there. After it is advisable to draw up a detailed drawing, indicating all sizes, the location of the cabinets, shelving, suspended structures. If the wardrobe design, the choice of a suitable stylistic design causes some difficulties, then it is better to turn to professionals for help.