The combination of green and purple in the interior
A carefully thought-out combination of green and purple in the interior is a guarantee of a comfortable environment and an original type of housing. Therefore, owners who have chosen such a tandem for implementation should well think over the features of its use. It is important to choose those tones that will be correctly combined and at the same time can be appropriately complemented by other inclusions. It is also worthwhile to “evenly” distribute the use of two tinting or select one of them as the main one. This will help a lot easier and faster to choose finishes, furniture. Pay particular attention to the decor and textiles used for styling. They can be made in the selected range or become dim additions in a clarified green or purple tone.
The combination of green and violet in the design at first glance seems too unusual. But when studying all the advantages of such a combination, the owners can easily see the profitability of such a solution for the interior. The main advantages of a non-standard tandem include:
- simplicity of creating a distinguishing interior in any room of a dwelling;
- the dynamism of most combinations, contributing to the comfort of living and activity of the owners;
- variety of options: from bright, saturated to calm and restrained;
- ease of styling personal rooms: teenage, children's and adult bedrooms;
- modern look of any premises;
- accessibility of the solution: in the budget category of furniture and decoration you can find a large number of options in the selected color scheme.
It is not necessary to make purple or green the primary colors for wall, floor and furniture selection. They can simply be predominant in light (sand, white, cream) rooms.
The combination of purple and green in the interior provides a complement to each other. An important advantage of such a union is the exclusion of negative effects on a person by the predominant purple or greenish. Lilac color and its shades contribute to deep reflection, increase self-esteem. Dark colors of the gamut are ideal for creative people: they help to focus on themselves and their hobbies. At the same time, violet color is not suitable for everyone because of strong psychological pressure. And its combination with green can prevent such an impact on households. Green, in turn, contributes to wise decision making. The natural color helps you find yourself, accept your essence and not look for flaws in yourself. It can move people to new measured achievements and, in addition, helps to find peace in itself and always choose stability.
Variety of shades
In order to easily choose the suitable violet and green tone for styling your home, you should pay attention to the shades of these scales (beneficial combinations in terms of brightness and warmth are indicated):
- lilac or violet and grassy or mint or pistachio - delicate shades that create a special cosiness and emphasize harmony;
- purple and swamp or olive - rich warm colors, ideal for rooms located on the north side (not sunny);
- grape or eggplant and green apple, green moss - dark tones of purple can be diluted with a dark green color or saturated intersperses;
- lilac or lavender and lime - a bright green tone against the background of restrained violet colors will be a profitable accent;
- blackberry and jade - a calm and restrained combination, ideal for bedrooms.
What styles are used in combination
The violet-green combination of design is not suitable for every style. Choose the optimal direction among these options:
- Art Deco A light purple finish with dark purple patterns combined with dark green furniture will create a discreet and original interior.
- modern; Light purple / green and a lightened second color will help create a comfortable atmosphere in the house.
- classic; Dark green and dark brown as the main colors, as well as light purple furniture and textiles will help to withstand the classic design in any room of the apartment.
- urban; Allows a combination of herbal and purple as the main colors. As additions to them can be used light gray or light coffee.
- Oriental. The prevailing bright purple or violet-blue with a small splash of lime color and gold will help create a real oriental apartment. But decor and furniture, textiles for this direction should be selected as carefully as possible.
Methods, Combination Options
When combining different colors of violet and green colors, you need to follow a few simple recommendations:
- selected colors should be similar in warmth (differences in color temperature will create an uncomfortable environment);
- differences in brightness and the degree of lightness / darkening should not create strong contrasts (light green and eggplant will be an inappropriate duet);
- the selected colors should be appropriate in the interior of a particular room (for example, pastel colors are suitable for teenage and children's rooms, dark and restrained for an office).
The options for combining the selected tones may be different. With the help of bright colors, you can highlight some walls or focus on furniture or textiles. Warm and pastel colors can become the basis of the original finish and only in some places can be found in headsets or decor. The main thing is not to use the selected colors to the maximum, otherwise the resulting design will be messy and even annoying.
The following useful tips will help make home decoration in violet-green colors to the homeowners the following tips:
- Choose no more than 2-3 primary colors and 2 more shades. You can combine green and purple with yellow, brown, white or cream. You can also optionally select a pair of tones of green and purple colors. A larger number of colors will make the interior clumsy.
- The minimum "spread" of shades in the room. You can either concentrate one color in a certain area of the room, or dilute it interspersed. But before implementation, evaluate the entire project you have chosen: it should not be too colorful.
- The presence of green and purple in furniture and decor. If only the finish is done in the selected range, then the situation will seem alienated (selected from another interior). The selection of furniture, textiles and decor in appropriate colors will guarantee the integrity of the design.
In the spacious hall, the decoration should be made of clarified green or purple and complemented by minor dark patterns (or interspersed) in the gamma chosen as the basis. Living room textiles can be more vibrant and eye-catching. So, in a light purple spacious room, the presence of bright green and lilac pillows, light green curtains and a light green rug will create an unusual combination. To organize a comfortable recreation area and leisure activities, it is recommended to choose a set of a sofa and a pair of chairs (or ottomans) in light purple. Near them you can put a coffee table with a glass top. Also, a rather simple option for introducing the chosen range in the hall will be painting the walls in a plain light green color and installing furniture, choosing textiles in a dark purple color. Living plants of dark green color will be appropriate in such a room.
In the children's and adult bedrooms, there are a lot of options for implementing the violet-green gamut. The most interesting are the following solutions:
- glossy light purple ceiling + very light green wallpaper (almost white) + beige upholstered furniture and purple textiles;
- white ceiling and floor + dark purple curtains and sofa + swamp walls and textiles on the bed;
- light green wall decoration + beige furniture + purple patches (pillows, bedspreads, paintings and rug on the floor);
- white finish of three walls (+ green wall behind the head of the bed) + green curtains + purple bed and floor mat;
- purple decoration of three walls (+ photowall-paper with green drawings at the head of the bed) + beige furniture + green curtains;
- dark purple wall decoration + glossy lime ceiling + yellow and green textiles and furniture.
The right decision for a bright and original decoration of the kitchen will be the choice of purple as the main color of decoration. Set and furniture should be selected in a bright green design. For cabinets and cabinets, glossy facades will become preferable. A bright color scheme will create a relaxed atmosphere, colorful furniture will give liveliness to the interior. Particular attention should be paid to the selection of textiles and the design of the apron. At the request of the kitchen apron, owners can lay out lilac tiles with soft purple patterns. The plastic panel with the image of violet flowers (violets or irises) with green leaves will also look good. As for the curtains, they can be slightly darker than the finish itself (so as not to merge with the walls) or be similar to the facade of the selected headset.
In a small area, you need to select the color scheme of the design very carefully. We recommend stopping your choice in swamp and lilac colors. Warm colors will create a special cosiness and provide a comfortable water treatment. At the same time, laying a white flooring and choosing white plumbing will not help to make the small bathroom dark. Against the background of rich tones of wall decoration, they will look really advantageous. At the request of lilac (or swamp), only one wall can be made. Vertical separation of lilac walls by swamp stripes is also allowed. And you can make this separation horizontal, thus dividing the wall in two equal parts or highlighting one of the colors at the bottom 1/3 of the wall. The presence of patterns on the chosen finish is contraindicated: they will add confusion to the created design.
To create a favorable working atmosphere in your own office, it is recommended that the predominant color is not purple, but green. So, the walls can be pasted over with swamp or dark grass wallpaper. Dark green curtains will complement the design. Selected furniture should be dark brown. But the sofa and chair should be searched in purple or lilac colors. Another embodiment will be a combination of swamp and violet against a predominant brown background. In this format, a study can look like this: brown flooring (a leather sofa and an armchair, a wardrobe and a desk are bought in the same color), marsh wallpapers with dark purple patterns. You can pick up and brown wallpaper with green light patterns. But then the leather furniture should be decorated in a lilac color.
For the hallway, as well as for the sanitary room, you should choose soft colors. The right decision will be wall decoration in a grassy range. Normal surface painting or pasting of grassy wallpapers with dark green patterns is allowed. But the installed cabinet, bench or chest of drawers should have a very dark purple color. Then the created combination will look original. True, for such a room it is better to create a bright ceiling lighting (spotlights or flat ceiling chandeliers). Another option for decorating the front is painting or wallpapering the walls in a swamp color and installing banquets, a chest of drawers and a cabinet in lilac color. Warm colors complement each other, so when entering a house with such a hallway, both households and guests will feel a favorable home atmosphere.
An unusual, even strange combination of purple and green with the correct selection of these colors will allow each owner to create a comfortable home atmosphere with them. If desired, such a tandem can be used in any room of the housing: from the hallway to the sanitary rooms. Subject to the basic rules for the combination of tones and their influence, you can easily create a stylish design of the premises. We recommend that you pay special attention to the selection of suitable furniture, textiles and decor: they play a very important role in the original interior. Also, wisely choose accents. Their excessive brightness or a large number can spoil the overall appearance of the decoration. Therefore, carefully think over each stage of the alteration and arrangement, draw up projects with visualization and you can easily update the design of your home.