Pictures for the interior - 30 design ideas
Interior decoration with paintings is the most affordable and at the same time original way of decorating an apartment or house. Previously, paintings for the interior were the prerogative of the elite layers of society, they were works of art by famous artists. Today, with the development of technology, you can decorate the interior of the house without having an impressive condition. Their wide variety allows you to create a unique interior, harmonious, cozy, fashionable and stylish; It gives the opportunity to show the owners their creativity, to realize their own ideas. With the help of paintings, you can add personality to housing, emphasize its advantages or hide flaws. Photographs, images on canvas, reproductions on glass, pencil drawings on paper drawn by street artists, or classical works painted in oil - all this is accessible to contemporaries. The main thing is to choose paintings in accordance with the basic principles of interior design.
Rules for registration
When choosing paintings for the interior, it is very important to follow the basic principles of design art:
- Style. For harmony, you need to select the canvas corresponding to the general style of the room. For example, if the design is classic, then for inspiration you can visit museums, exhibitions, and then pick up quality reproductions of famous artists for the interior.
- Location Ideally, if the center of the image is flush with the eyes. If two or three canvases of different sizes are located on one wall, then alignment occurs at the lower boundary. However, modern design solutions allow you to distribute small paintings randomly.
- Colour. The main rule of color design - light tones increase the space, dark colors visually reduce it. On the walls of discreet nude tones, a bright, saturated with color reproduction will look good, against a colorful background - a calm, muted shades of painting or minimalism in 2-3 colors.
- Sizes. A large vertical and narrow picture will look appropriate only if the apartment is spacious and with high ceilings. A large image requires open space. For a standard apartment, it is better to select paintings in a horizontal plane. And for small-sized dwellings, small works are suitable, most importantly, in a small amount, so as not to visually make the room even smaller.
- Plot. The paintings in the interior for different rooms perform different functions. But you definitely should not choose images with troubled scenes, for example, combat battles.
Important! The wall on which the paintings are located should be protected from exposure to sunlight.
In the kitchen
Painting for the interior should not have great material or historical value. The kitchen is a living room and expensive art objects are not there. All decor items quickly lose their original appearance, which means they become unusable. Therefore, than admiring a photograph or canvas that has become unusable, it is better to replace them with new ones over time. Canvases painted in oil can be covered with glass. One of the important points in choosing paintings for the kitchen is their scarcity. Overloading the wall with small images visually reduces the space, which is completely unacceptable for such small rooms as a kitchen or hallway.
Depending on the style of the interior of the kitchen, the picture is selected according to the following principles:
- A harmonious combination of the color scheme of the canvas with other decorative elements (curtains, chandelier, kitchen utensils, etc.);
- Black and white images are suitable for a high-tech kitchen;
- Country styles and provence perfectly complement the picture with yellow-green tones;
- Minimalism will help to dilute the bright painting, which will become the main emphasis in the room.
DIY kitchen paintings
The kitchen is exactly the place where the hostess can reveal her creative potential not only in cooking, but also in needlework. There are many ways to create paintings for the interior yourself. For example, you can make a panel with an image of coffee, beans, beans, seeds, cinnamon sticks. To do this, cut out the cardboard of the right size, drape it with material or thick paper and begin to form the composition. After glue all the elements of the picture with glue. The interior of the high-tech style will be decorated with a peculiar wall installation made of metal cutlery. Silicone glue will help to reliably fix metal elements. He will also be needed for mosaics. To create mosaic images for the kitchen you will need fragments of tiles, glass, and even shells. Details can be painted in a color appropriate to the style of the room.
Important! If the kitchen is not separated from the hallway, then the paintings in this part of the house need to choose the same style and theme.
For the living room
The main place in the apartment is the living room. All family members spend their free time in it, friends gather, holidays are celebrated. Therefore, the design of the living room requires special attention. Canvases help create a unique atmosphere filled with comfort and sophistication. Give the style in the living room dynamism and activity will help all the shades of blue, which are responsible for the movement of energy flows. The location and the plot of the painting matter. If the canvas will be placed above the piece of furniture, then you need to decide on its size in advance. The optimal ratio of the width of the canvas and the back of the sofa is 1: 2. If the paintings with the image are not one, but two or three, then the free space should be at least 1/3 of the size of the furniture.
For a classic living room, traditional painting will be appropriate; high-tech will complement abstractions. Images of landscapes, animals, birds look good in the guest room. The interior design, executed in brown and burgundy, will complement the paintings with paintings of the Classicism era. On the light walls, marine painting harmoniously looks. When creating paintings in the interior of the living room, the hostesses can also show their creativity. The popularity of embroidered paintings using the techniques of cross and smooth, and embroidery of paintings with beads and beads is growing. Such images will give the atmosphere a special uniqueness and comfort.
Tricks of design art in the design of the living room
The main techniques for creating a special atmosphere with the help of paintings in living rooms of different stylistic directions:
- With the help of wall paintings, you can structure the space of the room. The location in the center will emphasize the symmetry of the interior, otherwise it will divide the space into zones.
- Symmetrical images give a traditional effect. To create a strict sophisticated interior, photos in black and white or monochrome paintings are suitable. Cloths of the same size contribute to a working mood, more suitable for offices.
- Asymmetrically placed art will give the interior a dynamic lightness.
- Free space allows you to asymmetrically place large-scale paintings at a decent distance, which will allow you to freely enjoy every work of art.
- The frames, despite the number and scale, should be the same.
For bedroom interior
The bedroom is intended for relaxation, so the images on the canvases should create an atmosphere of harmony and cozy calm. It is better to trust your feelings, and try to translate them into painting. Do you like nature - choose canvases with a landscape image, like to look at the water - water flows will help fill the room with positive energy. However, paintings with an emphasis on water should be chosen carefully. Calm streams, rivers attract monetary prosperity. But lush waterfalls and whirlpools for the bedroom is better not to choose. Calmness and a feeling of comfort in the bedroom will create canvases with the image of a calm smooth surface and a clear clear sky. Raging sea with a sinking ship against the background of gloomy heavy clouds will provoke a negative, cause a feeling of anxiety. It will be impossible to relax in such a home environment after a working day.
Features of the choice of paintings for the bedroom interior
A couple more points to consider when choosing bedroom paintings:
- Soft nude tones provide an atmosphere of comfort and harmony;
- If the bedroom is made in art deco, then it is perfectly complemented by paintings in black and white;
- Canvases with pastoral motifs or images of forests, fields, meadows can create a calm and cozy mood in the room;
- Romance in the bedroom interior will add a canvas with colorful bright birds against a transparent sky;
- Canvases in which the main color intersects with the color of other decorative elements - pillows, bedspreads, curtains will help to complete the composition of the room.
For those who prefer a non-standard creative approach to the classic interior, it is worth approaching the issue of home design with special care. Today, painting is presented in many styles and genres, which makes it possible to choose exactly that work of art, without which you can’t imagine your home. Many creative people prefer to decorate the interior with handmade products. There are also completely unique needlework techniques, for example, kanzashi. The essence of making paintings with this technique is based on the creation of floral arrangements using silk and satin ribbons and decorating them with beads. Ideas for creating the interior of your dream may not come right away, the main thing is to listen to yourself, accumulate impressions, find inspiration and just catch the fire on this idea. You yourself will not notice how all this is transformed in the interior of your home. It will be interesting, original, unique, inspiring you to new achievements.