Design of a bedroom with a dressing room - embodiments
A special room for storing clothes, an innovation in modern house-building, streamlines the life of a person, greatly facilitating cleaning. When designing a bedroom with a dressing room, professionals rely on practicality and simplicity. The advantages of arranging this room are obvious - voluminous wardrobes are removed from the bedroom, suits are freely hung and carefully stored. And although this part of the house is considered secondary, it is used constantly. It is there in the evening that you take off your dress before showering and sleeping. In the morning, everything happens the other way around - water procedures, a wardrobe, and you are completely ready to meet a new day.
We are considering design project options
Considering the wishes of the customer, the layout of the apartment and the routes of movement, the station “Wardrobe” can be the starting, intermediate, final. Analyze your behavior: what do you do when you come home after work? Immediately change clothes or put off this moment until late in the evening? Based on your habits, the clothing store should be designed as a separate room in front of the sleeping area, a separate space inside it or an intermediate link between the bedroom and the bathroom. The latter option is convenient in that things that have become stale during the day are immediately sent to the basket where the dirty laundry is stacked.
A separate dressing room is made with an area of more than 6 square meters. m. A closed option is possible when a corner, wall, niche or alcove is fenced off with a false panel from the night rest zone. With careful calculation, even the corner room will become quite roomy. If it is impossible to install a full-fledged door, use curtains, Japanese curtains that move in one plane, a compartment door, decorated with a mirror, a picture or a stained-glass window. An interesting project is when a part of the room is separated by a partition to the ceiling, a bed adjoins the headboard, and there are passages in the compartment for things on the sides.
The interior of the bedroom with dressing room is optimal when designing the design of the Scandinavian interior, or small bedrooms with a minimum of furniture. There are racks along the wall, rods and open shelves are mounted on them. Such a design takes up little space, but perfectly performs the task. It can be played out as a gallery exposition, a theater stage, i.e. focus on showing content. This technique is acceptable if you are able to maintain the perfect order, when clothes are hung by categories, sets, colors. In this case, the open area will become an interior decoration, and a separately hanging designer backpack, umbrella cane or hat - an art object, a strong decoration accent. Plus of this version is airing things, minus - dust settles on them more.
Any dressing room is a utilitarian room, its function is to store things. Therefore, it is necessary to ensure sufficient air circulation in order to avoid dampness, stagnant odor.
Ventilation is especially relevant when designing a dressing room near a bathroom, as the constant penetration of moist, warm air currents can ruin products made of wool and fur.
Ask what is placed inside? Developing a project, designers tie shelves, cabinets, chests of drawers together, hung them with hoists (elevators), mesh baskets, drawers with drawers, where small items, adjustable brackets, and special shoe holders are stored. In the manufacture of these elements use light metal, natural wood, wood-based panel materials and even plastic.
The storage structure, the location of its components are calculated not only from the point of view of beauty, but taking into account ergonomic norms, according to the parameters most convenient for the average person. With high or small growth, these figures can be changed, the data are given in centimeters.
- The height of the brackets of long things (coats, dresses, raincoats) - 175-180
- The height of the brackets of short things (shirts, skirts) 100-130
- Width of shoe racks - 80-100, depth - by foot size
- The distance between the shelves is at least 30
- Baskets for bed linen 50-60
- Depth of shelves for knitwear - 40
- Depth of cupboards when placing outerwear - 60
- Drawers (storage of belts, ties, neckerchiefs) - 10-12
- Drawers (storage of underwear) - 20-25
The main rules when creating a dressing room: a) it is convenient to enter from the bedroom b) the incoming is provided with a good overview. Therefore, place on the main side (right or left) things that you wear more often, and remove seasonal, rarely used ones away.
A few tricks to make your wardrobe more comfortable
The warehouse, first of all, should be practical, not requiring special efforts when cleaning. But it is better to realize it as an attractive, comfortable room in which you want to be. When developing a design project, try to add additional elements:
- To get objects from the upper shelves of the far compartment, a ladder is useful, then this process will take only a few seconds.
- Give the very top of the walls to the exhibition of bags, especially if the hostess of the house is a fan of buying a new handbag for each dress.
- A large dressing room, where there is natural light, is a rather rare thing, a dressing table (trellis) and an armchair will find their place in order to comfortably choose an outfit appropriate for the occasion.
Inside, or opposite the door, it is advisable to provide a large mirror in order to be able to assess your appearance before going out.
- Between the cabinets, place a bench, attaching a shoehorn next to it. Shifting into dress shoes is preferable to sitting, jumping on one leg is hazardous to health.
- Think over surfaces where, when undressing, you can leave little things (keys, scarf, jewelry).
- To make the air light, and the clothes unobtrusively fragrant, put several aromatic sachets on shelves, in covers with outerwear. Verbena, lavender, citrus fill the atmosphere with a pleasant smell, and, in addition, play the role of anti-moth agents.