Decor butterflies do-it-yourself +60 photo
To make the interior comfortable, you need to pay more attention to details. One of these details may be the presence of wall butterflies. They are a symbol of lightness and are associated with the summer season, when it is warm and sunny outside, so if a person wants to provide real comfort in his house, then butterflies created by his own hands or purchased in a store will be an ideal option.
In the interior
Butterflies in the interior are presented in the form of a panel, which is made of a variety of sheet material, and then mounted in an elegant application on one wall or several. There are many options for materials for creating butterflies, as well as a lot of variations on how to hang them, it is the combination of these factors that affects how the presented decor element will look in the interior.
Butterflies can be mounted on the wall, either in an arbitrary form, or create a single volumetric picture.
Attention! If you make this element of decor with your own hands, it is recommended to choose a lighter material, then when the wind blows, the butterflies will rustle their wings, creating the effect of being ready to fly up.
What style are they suitable for?
The presented decor element is suitable for decoration of almost any style, but they look especially bright in the presence of the following room decoration styles:
- high tech;
- Art Nouveau;
The main thing is to ensure that the color of the butterflies is combined with the overall color scheme of the interior design, because otherwise, the decoration will be ridiculous and tasteless. But it is desirable that the butterflies differ in color by at least 1-2 tones, because otherwise they simply merge with the walls.
The following combination will be organic:
- red and green on the wall in beige;
- Yellow, brown and black on a gray or white wall;
- Saturated blue or red on a pink wall.
Preparation for work
To create a picture of paper moths, you need to carefully consider the future composition, and then proceed to the preparation of stencils. If your own imagination does not suggest any ideas, then with photos of compositions with wall butterflies, you can get acquainted on the Internet. The image of a vortex or just a scattering of moths in suitable places is popular.
Having decided on the future composition, you need to choose the material from which decorative elements will be made, and create a stencil. In the absence of the necessary materials at home, you will have to visit any stationery store or craft store.
Moths are created on plain paper or vinyl film using stencils. It is advisable to purchase several stencils, then when mounting on a wall the butterflies will vary not only in size, but also in appearance, which will look more original.
What material to use?
You can cut moths from almost all materials:
- vinyl film;
- the cloth.
All the materials presented are characterized by a number of advantages and disadvantages.
The presented material is suitable for people who first encountered decoration of the interior with the help of moths, since it is easiest to create beautiful butterflies from paper. Due to the low cost of the material, you can not worry about how much paper will be used to cut butterflies. You can stop the choice on colored paper, which can be purchased at any stationery store.
If a person prefers variety, then you can not stop at only one color and cut moths from long-read glossy magazines. As a result, the owners of the house will become the owners of the scenery, consisting of butterflies of different colors.
You can attach butterflies from such material in any way. The big plus is that when the moths are completely glued, they will not stand out above the wall surface, if only the central part of each individual butterfly is glued, then they can be swayed in the wind.
Moths made of cardboard will be several times stronger and more reliable than paper ones. When cutting such butterflies, you will have to make a little more effort, but it is possible to form them as soon as you want, because cardboard easily takes shape and retains it forever.
You can bend the wings of insects or make them rounded. To carry out these actions, you need to slightly wet the cardboard and use the load to bend it in the desired way. Having completely dried, cardboard will forever remain in its desired form.
Difficulties may arise during the fastening of cardboard decorative elements, since they will have to be fixed more securely.
Vinyl film, which refers to self-adhesive materials, is just perfect for creating decorative moths. The film is glossy and colorful, as a result of which the moths are not only characterized by fairly bright colors, but also shimmer in the light.
Cutting butterflies from such material is quite easy, and attaching the resulting moth to the wall is even easier, since you only need to remove the protective layer from the film and then glue it in the desired place. If the owners of the apartment want the moth to move its wings, then the protective layer should be removed only in the center, in the form of a thin vertical strip.
The fabric is an ideal material for creating butterflies in the event that the role of wall decoration is played by solid plain wallpaper, drapery or any soft-touch fabric. Moths cut from the specified material will only complement the interior, adding coziness to the room.
To fix the fabric on the wall, it is recommended to use glue.
How to fasten?
In order for the created moths to hold firmly to the wall and not fall off the next day, it is important to approach the selection of the method of fastening with particular care, they are distinguished by several.
Using glue to attach butterflies to the wall, the owner of the apartment can be sure that the described decorative elements will hold tight. Glue can be used either in the form of a pencil or PVA. The main thing is to ensure that a very large amount of glue is not used, since it will protrude beyond the edges of the moths and spoil their appearance, leaving traces on the wallpaper.
Glue is considered a simple way of attaching the presented decor elements to the wall.
You can use pins of different sizes and shapes to attach butterflies created with your own hands. At the same time, to add a picture of butterflies fastened with pins, the pins should be selected with some beautiful head or decorated with different pearls. Pins are suitable in cases where the walls are trimmed with plastic panels, plain or cork wood, as well as drywall.
If wallpaper was used as wall decoration, then you can perform a slightly different action. Using pliers or pliers, bend the end of the pin 1-2 centimeters at an angle of 90 degrees. After performing these steps, the bent end of the pin is turned into a wallpaper, thus, the moth is fixed.
Attention! To connect a pin and a butterfly, you should use the "Moment" glue.
A small piece of polystyrene is taken and with the help of glue, on the one hand it connects to the butterfly, and on the other - to the wall. This mounting option is rather unreliable, since the foam is not strong enough and if it breaks, it will be very difficult to separate the rest from the wall.
With the help of thin threads or fishing line, moths are hung from the cornice to the ceiling or chandelier. This method of attachment makes it possible to create a three-dimensional picture.
Decoration of the walls with luminous butterflies
To create this type of decoration, the butterfly should be attached to a white wall, and a table lamp should be located nearby.
For this decoration option, the following components will be required:
- phosphor paint (preferably several colors at once);
- several sponges;
- palette and brushes;
- glue (recommended as a spray).
After preparing all the described things, you need to perform the following actions:
- Initially, you need to make several stencils that are attached to the wall with glue.
- The sponges are cut into several parts, each of which is attached to the handle of the brush.
- If it was decided to use paint of several colors, then each color is separately prepared on the palette, and then alternately applied to stencils already attached to the wall.
- Once the paint is completely dry, you need to remove the stencils, turn off the light, and then enjoy the unusual look of glowing butterflies.
Attention! To analyze whether the paint should go to bed correctly, it recommends that the described actions be performed in dim light.
Master class step by step
Those people who have decided to make butterflies for decorating walls on their own should get acquainted with several master classes on their creation.
Colored paper moths
To create butterflies from colored paper, the following materials will be required:
- thick colored paper;
- a printer;
- sheets of white paper (templates will be created from them);
- cardboard (the density is chosen so that it can be bent);
- a simple pencil;
Having prepared the presented components, you can proceed to the creation of:
- You need to print several patterns and then cut them out of paper. If you use pictures of different sizes, the final result will be more interesting.
- The cut out patterns are applied to the cardboard, outlined with a simple pencil, and then cut out. If there is such an opportunity, then the templates can be immediately printed on cardboard.
- Patterns are circled on the back of colored paper, and then cut out. It is recommended to create more copies. Each of the specimens is bent in half, this is necessary to provide the moths with the effect of fluttering wings.
- A small amount of glue is applied to the fold of each butterfly, and then the workpieces are attached to the wall. The central part of the moth needs to be slightly pressed with a finger to the wall, this is required so that the moths do not lag behind.
Attention! To give butterflies more realism, they should be placed on the wall in such a way as if their flight is carried out in one direction.
A rather original solution will be to design a wall using moths made using the origami technique.
To make such a moth, the following components will be required:
- paper (a sheet from a book or newspaper);
- paint - used to darken the edges of the wings;
- thin wire;
- simple pencil, ruler and scissors.
Having prepared all these things, you can proceed to the creation of butterflies:
- From a book or newspaper sheet, a 4 * 4 square is cut out (it is allowed to use a 5 * 5 square).
- Paper folds in half twice.
- After that, the square is folded diagonally in two directions.
- The paper folds inward, resulting in a triangle to form.
- The two tips of the top layer of the triangle bend to the top.
- The triangle is flipped to the side, while the lower corner must be bent up so that it extends beyond the moth.
- The formed triangle is bent to the other side and glued to the base.
- The dimming of the edges of the wings is carried out.
- A bird with bent mustache wings is created from the wire.
- The butterfly unfolds with a small triangle upward, its wings are bent and given a realistic shape.
- The wire is dipped in glue and attached in the form of antennae.
The made butterfly can be attached to the wall in any of the ways.
From vinyl records
Making butterflies from vinyl records is easy if you follow the plan. It is necessary to prepare a number of components:
- unnecessary vinyl records;
- black and white crayons (can be replaced with colored pencils - any two colors will be required);
- moth patterns;
Having prepared the auxiliary elements, you can directly proceed to the manufacture of butterflies:
- On the vinyl record marks the middle of the template. White outline is outlined on a vinyl record, and black on a sticker located in the center of the record.
- It is necessary to take a baking sheet, lay a foil on it, and then place a vinyl record on the foil. The oven warms up to 400 degrees, and the baking sheet is placed in its upper part. The plate must be removed as soon as it begins to deform - after about 45 seconds.
- Using sharp scissors you need to cut out the butterfly. If during this action, the plate begins to harden again, it must be placed back in the oven to soften. Vinyl is quickly cooled, so you need to cut the moth not only carefully, but also at a fast pace. It is possible that the plate will have to be heated several times.
- After you manage to cut out the butterfly, you need to carefully bend its wings.
By following these steps, the butterfly can be attached to the wall.
Making moths made of polymer clay is popular.
You will need the following components:
- a baking dish in the form of a moth;
- polymer clay (2.5 grams of butter takes 60 grams of material);
- white thread - a moth will be hung on it.
Having picked up all the components, you need to follow such a plan for creating a butterfly:
- Using a baking mold, polymer blanks are cut from polymer clay, while in the center of the blank using a needle, 4 holes are required. The wings of the moths bend at different angles, and they are arranged in a glass baking dish. Clay is baked in the oven for 15 minutes, the temperature is selected as indicated on the clay packaging.
- If after baking the moths you need to increase the holes in the center, you can take a sharp knife and carefully enlarge the holes. You can also use sandpaper and gently sand products around the edges. If there is a desire, then the finished figures can be revealed.
- The thread is crosswise threaded through the holes and tied in a knot at the back. Through the created node, you need to pierce the clerical button and attach the butterfly to the wall.
Such butterflies, looking rather unusual, give the interior a certain elegance.
From the pages of a book
From the pages of the old book you can make not just individual moths, but a whole wreath of them.
To do this, prepare the following elements:
- an old book (in its absence, you can use unnecessary magazines or newspapers);
- thin branches (willow branch is suitable);
- three wire hangers;
- hot sticky substance;
- decorative elements in the form of beads, beads, shells and pearls;
- a few twines;
- a simple pencil.
Having prepared these elements, you can directly proceed to the creation of the wreath:
- You can use a ready-made stencil and simply circle it on the page of the book, or you can draw moths yourself. In the second case, you need to fold the page of the book in half, draw a half of a butterfly on it, and then cut it out.
- It is necessary to collect willow branches and soak them in water, this will make the branches softer and protect them from breakage during bending.
- At the same time, you need to bend the wire hanger into the ring and wrap it with twigs, which should be tightly pressed one to one. The wreath is left to dry. After the wreath has dried, the twigs are fixed with hot glue.
- To create the antennae and the calf with the butterflies, you need to take a few beads and two pieces of twine. Using hot glue, the beads are fastened together with one another, until the glue has cooled yet, two pieces of twine must be inserted into the hole. After that, the body adheres to the paper blank. It is necessary to make sure that the wings are slightly bent - this will provide a flutter effect.
- You need to nicely place the moths on the wreath and attach them with hot glue.
The wreath can be placed not only on the wall, but also on the dresser.
If the presented method of creating moths from the pages of the book seems too complicated, then you can use another method. This will require the following elements:
- Old book;
- frames for photographs of different sizes;
- white paint.
Having prepared these elements, you can begin to create moths:
- The frames are painted white (if desired, the color of the paint can be changed).
- Butterflies of different sizes are cut from the old book.
- Butterflies are glued together, the middle one is glued to the center of the largest moth, and the small one is glued to the center of the middle.
- Butterflies are placed in photo frames and then on the wall.
It is not difficult to create a decoration for a room consisting of butterflies on your own, the main thing is to calculate your strength and start making simple decorating elements, for example, butterflies from colored paper. And those people who are fond of origami should definitely decorate their apartment with moths made using this technique.