Design wallpaper in the bedroom: a combination - 40 photos of interior ideas
The choice of wallpaper for the bedroom is the most important moment in the arrangement of this room. It must be taken seriously, since the psychological health of a person directly depends on the degree of comfort of the sleeping room. A cozy space allows you to relax after a hard day, put your thoughts in order. Wallpaper in the bedroom interior can create a warm atmosphere that contributes to the maximum relaxation of the nervous system. Often, a bedroom is combined with a study, which also needs to be considered when choosing a wallpaper design. Productivity can increase significantly if you follow simple guidelines for processing. Also, with the help of suitable paintings, it is possible to modify the space, visually reduce or increase the area. Since the appearance of the room will determine the mood of a person, then we will introduce the fundamental aspects of wallpaper decoration.
Features of choice
An assortment of products on the market can turn anyone's head on. To navigate, you need to narrow it for yourself to adequate limits. This can be achieved by classifying and quickly identifying suitable paintings.
Key aspects to consider are the following:
- Wallpaper material;
- Features of sticking;
- Combination with a furniture set;
- The style of the room;
- Wallpaper color;
- The part of the world that the room faces;
- Wallpaper Combination Options;
- Fashion trends.
You should also familiarize yourself with some of the rules developed by many years of professional designers:
- Wallpaper with horizontal stripes visually makes the height of the room less;
- Reduce the amount of space, visually reduce the area can vertical stripes;
- The use of such elements of the pattern as a rhombus or trapezoid will allow to expand the space somewhat;
- Small bedrooms should avoid dark wallpaper with a large, contrasting pattern;
- Wallpaper with a large pattern is recommended for use in a room with a large quadrature;
- A competent approach to zoning implies smooth transitions between multi-colored wallpapers, or the bright highlighting of only one of the four walls;
- An excellent effect can be achieved through the use of borders that give a sense of security;
- A strong move will be to create an accent wall near the head of the sleeping bed. Here, the use of bright colors and contrasting patterns is allowed.
Classification depending on the material allows you to more confidently navigate among the paintings.
The following products are considered the most popular on the market:
- Vinyl. Non-woven or paper can act as the inner layer of these washable wallpapers, but the outer one, made of polyvinyl chloride, gave the class a name. It is this layer that is responsible for the excellent performance of the wallpaper, such as durability, moisture resistance and ease of installation.
- Non-woven. They differ from the previous class by the outer layer, which is usually represented by finely porous vinyl. The basis, respectively, is non-woven. This leads to a certain ease of installation: it is sufficient to apply the adhesive binder only on the walls, while dry canvas remains to be carefully trimmed. In addition, they are able to hide various disadvantages of the glued surface.
- Paper. The ecological cleanliness of traditional wallpaper is due to the fact that only paper and cellulose, capable of passing moist air, are used for production. Finishing work also does not differ in any complexity, and the cost has long been established at a democratic level. The only drawback of paper wallpaper is the low moisture resistance, which leads to a reduction in service life.
- Textile. Like vinyl, they are multi-layered. The basis is the same, but the fabric layer serves as the outer layer. The fabric material may be different - cotton, wool, silk, etc. The natural component directly affects the performance of the wallpaper, as well as their cost. This is due to the fact that they have an aesthetic appearance and create a wonderful microclimate in the room. However, the installation work is somewhat complicated, and the textile itself is actively "overgrown" with dust.
- Liquid wallpaper. They are a fairly new trend, but have already managed to establish themselves quite well. Beautiful material is extremely easy to install on the walls, and its performance is just right for the bedroom.
Among other advantages, sound absorption can be noted. A very important factor when children still live with their parents.
The method of applying material to the wall implies the complete absence of seams, as well as the possibility of local repair of mechanical damage.
Linkrust. An interesting option for fans of all the unusual. The magnificent pattern is written on a dense basis of wax, flour, as well as chalk. After mounting on the walls, they must be covered with an additional layer to guarantee durability. Among the rules for caring for them, control over temperature differences is noted, which the linkrust material is a little afraid of.
Choice depending on the type of furniture
Since the furniture set is also able to determine the interior design, these players must be harmoniously combined. Suitable colors of the walls to match the furniture will create a feeling of true comfort.
So, subject to the availability of light furniture in the bedroom, certain requirements are imposed on the wallpaper. For a room with a small area, clarified products are needed that will leave the amount of free space unchanged. Otherwise, there is a risk of creating an alarming room in the form of a closed box. The best options are white, olive, apricot and golden beige tones. If the area of the bedroom allows you to roam, then it becomes quite possible to use contrast with dark wallpaper.
The only limitation here is common sense and a combination of temperature shades. When cold tones are combined with cold tones. Do the same with warm.
When there is dark furniture in the bedroom, there are several more options for the development of events. However, here you should also remember the color temperature. Often a dark headset has a warm color, so it is recommended to use the same warm tones and wallpaper. These can be a variety of variations of brown, sand or olive flowers.
The influence of style on the choice of wallpaper
Modern. The choice of wallpaper for this style has specific requirements. They should be fashionable, but ascetic enough in the image to serve more as a backdrop for other accessories. It is also worth recalling the need to use natural, environmentally friendly materials, as modern style obliges this. How harmony will be achieved by playing contrasts or a harmonious combination is up to the owner to decide. The main thing is to maintain balance and prevent blunders.
Provence. The style of this rustic design implies the presence of a light furniture set, the predominance of pastel shades, as well as an abundance of diverse textiles. Therefore, the color palette of wallpapers for selection is quite wide: yellow, cream, sand, olive and blue tones - ideal for provincial walls. As for the availability of the drawing, here it is necessary to pay attention to the textile products in the house. Since, if they have a fairly small pattern, then obviously it should not be repeated on the wallpaper. It is better to leave them plain to serve as a backdrop.
Loft. For this style, a characteristic technique is the preservation of a small part of the interior in an untouched finish. However, designers usually use materials imitating the primordial surface (artificial brick, fake stone). Since real brickwork looks too rough. The other part of the walls is decorated in muted colors. Drawing on light wallpaper should be avoided, except that a slight geometric abstraction is allowed.
Country. Warm shades of wallpaper fit this American style. Perhaps the use of cheerful colors in the cage, but not too small. Also, do not overdo it with hot flowers, because then you will not be able to fully relax. Eyes will bump into a source of visual temperature. It is recommended to use a few muted, plain wallpaper. Drawing should not attract attention.
Japanese style. Characteristic features of this direction are the laconicism of the statement, modest decoration and the use of neutral colors. It is recommended to use natural wallpaper materials with ethnic motifs of the country of the rising sun.
Classic. Personalizes luxury, respectability. The more confident the owner feels at the top, the darker and deeper he can pick up the tone of the wallpaper. There are no restrictions, unless gloss is recommended. It is better to give preference to matte products with a florid, repeating pattern.
Minimalism. The ascetic principles of this style suggest savings in the figure. Plain wallpaper of fine texture without any image is welcome. There are no serious requirements for the color palette, unless acid shades should be avoided. Another option to follow the style is to use a huge image on one of the walls. This element will act as an accent wall, dominating the rest.
Coloring wallpaper for the bedroom
Blue. Celestial shades are characteristic of incorrigible romantics, as well as people with a subtle arrangement of the psyche. This is due to the calming properties of light and light colors. He absolutely does not put pressure on a person. It is recommended to use as a coloring for bedrooms with a small area, since the boundless blue visually increases the space.
Green. A fairly popular color in the design of the bedrooms, as it also helps to relax and improve mood. Due to its natural origin, green is an excellent assistant in the fight against negative thoughts. It cleanses karma and creates an enveloping atmosphere in the room.
Red. It is an obvious choice for self-confident and self-sufficient people. His choice is considered rather risky, however, provided that it is correctly combined with light tones, it can look extremely impressive. The dominance of red is beyond doubt.
Blue. Refers to cold colors, but it is allowed to design the bedroom. This is due to its sedative properties, when an overly active person suddenly calms down. It is necessary to use it only on condition of a large square of the area, since in a small bedroom blue will visually take away part of the space.
The black. A contradictory choice for a bedroom, because it can put pressure on a person by its depth. It must be neutralized with other light tones. Otherwise, the mystical component can play a bad joke with the owners and spoil the mood for a long time.
White. A universal solution that can be combined with any other color. Symbolizes openness and mutual understanding.
Yellow. It has similar qualities, being an ideal partner for most others. Due to the warmth of its spectrum, yellow is used in bedrooms with a weak source of natural light. Great for use in a small room.
Brown. The color of cocoa beans is the undisputed leader among all designers when it comes to the need to design a bedroom. All shades of chocolate have a beneficial effect on the human nervous system and allow you to relax.
Color finishes and combination
If the bedroom window has access to the south side, then this indicates a sufficient amount of natural light. In this case, it is allowed to stop the choice on the deep dark tones of the wallpaper. These include chocolate, terracotta, purple options. If the window has an exit to the north side, it is recommended to select exclusively warm tones of the finishing products. It can be all sunny shades, purple, brown.
An interesting design move is to use combined wallpaper in the bedroom interior.
Here there are several options for how this can be:
- Horizontal combination. It involves zoning the walls by dividing them into parts. The upper part gets light, calm shades. The lower one can be characterized by a rich wallpaper pattern.
- Vertical. The classic zoning technique for designers is the symmetry of vertical stripes with the head of the bed. When the width of the line follows the boundaries of the furniture product. There are no restrictions on the length of the strips; they can even cross the ceiling. There are no special requirements for color.
- Local inserts. They are usually used next to furniture. It can be either a bed or a bedside table. A framing with a baguette gives a special gloss to a different colored insert. There are no strict requirements to the form of the insert itself, if only not a blot.
- Niche dispersal. If you don’t plan to place sacred objects in a niche, then the coloring of the wallpaper must be selected based on the main style. That is, the same decor is used in which the rest of the bedroom interior design is decorated.
It is important to maintain a single wallpaper texture when using diverse shades.
Fashion trends of 2018
These include the enduring classics of modern Art Nouveau patterns, volumetric geometric abstractions, as well as large drawings in black and white. The latter usually implies the image of stars of cinema or sports of past years.
Separately, it is necessary to note the growing popularity of individual photo wallpapers. They are placed only on one wall of the room, usually behind the head of the bed. This excludes the location near the wall of other elements of the furniture set, so as not to close the photo. The remaining walls should be harmoniously combined and emphasize the accent wall in the design of the bedroom.
The importance of choosing wallpaper for the bedroom interior is hard to overestimate. They are able to subtly change the mood of the owner and delicately prepare him for bed. Being indoors should be enjoyable, so it is recommended that you follow the simple tips and ideas of professional designers.