DIY wood decor - 50 ideas ideas
The faster industry develops, the more people try to get closer to nature. He surrounds himself with nature not literally, but by creating the illusion of being in the air, even if he is resting in the living room. This desire is not just to live in a house that is built from natural raw materials, but also to come up with an appropriate interior design. Therefore, everyone seeks to use his own wooden decor in his home to feel like a real owner.
The fashion for wood appeared a long time ago, but now not everyone can furnish their own home in the style of the series "Twin Peaks". The room should not be oversaturated with wooden furniture, furs and animal heads. This already speaks of the bad taste of the owners. These blanks are available for the forest area, but for the steppe - home decoration in this style will fly into a pretty penny. There is an option to dilute the familiar environment with rare splashes of wooden saw cuts that spill over into absolutely any look. You can create such a design yourself, spending only on fastening means.
Advantages of decorating the interior with wood saw cuts
Wood cuts surprise at the same time with external attractiveness and complexity of creation from a technical point of view.
Now we will figure out what advantages a wooden finish has:
- Durability. If the wood lends itself to proper processing, and will be protected from moisture and various mechanical damage, then it will last a long time. If it is a whole wooden wall or floor, then you can save on annual repairs.
- Thermal insulation. Firewood is a source of heat not only in the fire. Raw materials have the ability to keep temperature, so for a cold concrete apartment this is the best type of insulation, albeit partial. In winter, such an insulated floor will warm any legs.
- Uniqueness. You can of course stick a wallpaper with a picture of wood cuts, or lay a laminate, but a pattern is used on such pictures - a simple repetition of one module. Natural finish with saw cuts is a composition where each element is unique. The pattern on the cut and its shape are unique.
Create a designer wall
For decoration, it is advisable to choose one face of the room. The decoration of all planes is a sign of bad taste, and the room will look overloaded. Any room needs to be given air, and it's not about the windows. It must breathe space, and this effect is given by light empty planes. Only one "woody" side of the room will become a kind of accent, which will become her mood. You can lay out the “wood puzzle” yourself, and now we’ll talk about how to do it.
Each in the courtyard is already withered tree, which must be removed. Now it is time to chop it. We take a branch, saw it into bars of medium thickness. From the resulting "pancakes" you can remove the bark, and then polish. Thanks to what you do not drive the thorn by touching the wall. The resulting wood layers should be treated with a special insect repellent, and then planted on glue. It is advisable to varnish the resulting relief - varnished wood can last a long time.
On a note! Create a composition from branches of various sizes, starting from a massive trunk, and ending with the thinnest branches. The composition breathes due to the formed voids between saw cuts of different sizes.
Wall panel - a piece of nature in the interior
You can meet the panel from any of the components, but you have not seen the canvas made of wood, right? Here contrasts are welcome, so feel free to use even hemp. The picture should not look like a pattern, but a full-fledged composition with a dominant and secondary elements. Make tone gradations, and accentuate with tone. Specifically, for the proposed product, it is better to leave the bark - it will make it more attractive. A careless terrain will create an atmosphere of an endless forest, and move you into it.
It is advisable to sketch an approximate sketch, but if you like to improvise directly during the work, then go ahead. For bright contrast, assemble the canvas frame from simple planks, this will give the picture a lightness. Saws are ground on the side that is adjacent to the wall for better bonding. Leave the other side untouched - this will add naturalness to the overall picture. The saw cut woods limited by the frame in the interior will look like a window facing the forest. The frame collects the composition into a single whole, and groups it.
The difficulties of laying out a modular floor
This view is quite complex, so it is better to be patient, and get to work. Choose thick trunks to avoid the formation of large voids when laying circles. For the manufacture of the floor, hardwood logs are selected, because the floor is exposed daily.
There are two reasons that will make you sweat:
- Solution. If you put all the parts on glue, then the floor will not last long, even if it is varnished. Modules will fall off due to constant pressure. You will have to use a solution, possibly based on cement.
- Surface alignment. If the thickness of each element does not play a big role in the design of the vertical plane, then this is the main condition for the floor. It is necessary to adjust all the modules to the total thickness, and start grinding after installation. The procedure will take a lot of time, because achieving a flat surface is not easy.
Then begin to varnish the finished surface. He will protect her from pests and external influences. The floor is easier to clean, and it will last longer in a "protected" state. An unprotected surface can be affected by pests or it will simply begin to rot due to excessive moisture.
Creating home comfort with homemade furniture
Furniture looks completely different, depending on the type of raw materials available. Tables and chairs are made, since the silhouette of the saw itself resembles a small table or chair.
There are two main principles for creating furniture:
- Modular - assembly of an element from small parts (modules). Actually, we are already familiar with this method. It allows you to create a product of absolutely any shape. It is also necessary to achieve a perfectly flat surface. The dishes will be placed on the table, and so that it does not turn over, the surface of the table should be perfectly sanded.
- Integral - an integral element is taken as a basis. This option is much simpler than the previous one in technical terms, but more difficult in finding a large diameter bar. With chairs, things are better, and if you want a table at which the whole family would have dinner, you will have to tinker with finding a large diameter saw. The price of the overall saw is quite large.
No matter what principle you apply in creating the product, the main thing is to immediately evaluate your capabilities so as not to spoil the material. Any method is good, because wooden furniture is famous for its strength and durability.
Ideas for the kitchen based on semicircular cuts
Such a figure is an unusual piece of decor and a reliable assistant in the kitchen. The material withstands high temperatures and does not heat up so much. From cuts, you can create simple one-piece coasters and modular, the material of which is easier to find. Everyone saw such coasters in the store, and thought “No, you won’t do it yourself” - an erroneous opinion. Why pay more if you do it yourself?
The kitchen will be supplemented by fancy semicircular shelves that can be put together from whole wood cuts, dividing them into two parts. It creates the illusion that the "round" is in the process of immersion in the wall. The reception is interesting if the shelf is round, due to this a visual movement is created. The effect is achieved due to the dynamic relief on the cortex. The shelves will harmoniously accommodate cookbooks, or personal collections of recipes for the hostess. And the product will withstand a sufficiently large weight, even if its dimensions may not inspire confidence.
Remember! If this is a stand specifically for dishes, then it is better to make it whole. Connecting small parts involves bonding, and the glue is incompatible with high temperatures. The stand will simply fall apart into several parts.
Detail of wood as an accent in the interior
Small inclusions of the “forest” in the familiar environment will mentally bring you closer to nature. Saws in the interior are used as decor, and perform certain functions.
Create fancy accents with your own hands:
- Clock. The unusual use of a wooden saw in any interior looks cute. Especially if it is a circle of uneven shape with a crust on the surface. The bark is fixed, because it can deteriorate over time. The more carelessly the wooden “pancake” looks, the more interesting the watch will be.
- Flower vases. Unleash your imagination and use different types of branches. An ornament made of small twigs created by yourself looks expensive, and no one will guess that the vase cost you a penny. It will be in harmony with the design, and will resonate in things with a similar decor.
Remember! Things created from identical material in the room should be few. They should echo each other, but not look "overkill".
- Frames for mirrors. In creating a product, it is important to adhere to rhythm or metricity, but chaos will be inappropriate. Alternate large saw cuts of a tree with small ones, or make the whole frame from circles of approximate size. Any of the options will be correct.
It’s quite possible to make a floor from cuts with your own hands. Not to mention the small interior items that are done in a minute using wood, glue and your imagination. Surprise your friends with a tastefully decorated home and make your life more comfortable. It is an environmentally friendly product that will benefit your health. If the product is made of needles, then a light coniferous aroma can even help you with the treatment of colds.
If you cope with the floor, then decorating the whole wall with a tree will seem to you a matter of five minutes. You will need to take advantage of your own taste and your knowledge of composition, although most people trust their gut.
Everything will work out, it’s enough just to “assemble” these products and fix them with glue, or just cut out a solid object. Create an image in your head, and try to bring it to life. You do not need special knowledge or skills, adhere to the basic rules for choosing materials and processing tools. After all, why spend a lot of money on the work of a designer if you are able to cope with this task yourself without spending a dime.