Increase space with photo wallpaper
Few of the owners of their own homes are satisfied with the number of square meters in it. Most apartments need improvement, which requires considerable resources and effort. They solve the problem “without noise and dust”, without breaking the partitions and without making unnecessary costs for the expensive designer, choosing the right wallpaper, expanding the living space, freeing the interior from the accumulated rubbish.
The selected color scheme directly affects how households will feel at home. Lilac, bright blue give a feeling of spaciousness, but not everyone likes them. When choosing a wallpaper, one should take into account not only the advice of professionals and personal feelings, but also listen to the views of home.
Choosing the color of the walls, they are guided by the general principle: the cold part of the spectrum makes the room more spacious, and warm colors narrow it a little. For very light warm shades (pale yellow or peach, caramel and milk with beige) this rule does not apply. They give a feeling of spaciousness, full of clean air.
Pale silvery, bluish, green shades relax, inhibit. Those who are prone to depression, mood changes, it is better not to use them. Bright colors activate, help overcome chronic fatigue, but do not always have a good effect on excitable people. This is especially true for babies. Colorful wallpapers in a nursery will provoke the vagaries of a hyperactive child.
Choosing the color of the wallpaper, take into account which side of the world the windows of the room go. On the north side use warm colors, gloss. Windows to the south will require a colder range with a matte effect.
The ideal solution, significantly increasing the volume of the room, would be the choice in favor of pastel, transitional tones, light shades of natural wood, wool, delicate pinkish, sand.
The effect will enhance a minimum of furniture, matching all furnishings to the color scheme.
The effect of texture and texture on spatial perception
Embossed wallpapers are in demand, with the help of which they not only decorate the room, but also make the space more free. Discreet volumetric patterns are appropriate in any style, indispensable for those who prefer the classics.
Walls with brilliance, overflow fill the house with light, push apart the walls. The effect is enhanced by adding glossy or mirror ceilings to the finish. It is only necessary to remember at the same time that many small pieces of furniture in the interior will double.
Intricate embossed lines distract the attention of the incoming from the volume of the room. A small room looks advantageous if glued with textured wallpaper with a small pattern. Such walls are pleasant to the touch, form an elegant background. More preferably, the coating is in the same color scheme.
The most popular textures are:
- Linen. The surface of the wallpaper reproduces a dense fabric surface.
- Dust. The surface is fine-grained, a good base for decoration.
- Canvas. The outer layer simulates a porous structure.
- Plaster. Deliberately careless relief over the entire surface.
To place modern accents, to design a room in the old direction, a coating imitating masonry, brick, leather or metal helps. Structural materials that can be repainted more than once create an interesting design.
If you have difficulty choosing smooth and textured coatings are easy to combine.
Which drawing to choose
There is a well-known rule: decorating a room with light wallpaper without any drawings, and if there is one, it is only shallow and directed vertically, very restricting the flight of imagination, making the room boring. Special tricks allow you to use bright colors, and even a large picture.
- The base color should really be light. Others will take away from the room about 40% of its volume. White is also better not to use. A room less than 8 squares will resemble a hospital or a bathroom. Focus on the color of carpets, furniture, basic accessories.
- Textured walls are desirable. Even the slight relief of the “matting” creates a play of shadows, which makes you see more space.
- Use shiny coatings. If you like silk-screen printing, it can be safely applied.
- Patterns are also not contraindicated. If they paste over the entire room, then the geometry should not be large. With a sufficient height of the ceilings, it is better to direct the pattern horizontally, which will add space to the room. If you plan a bright carpet or a lot of paintings, photographs, it is worth buying a plain wallpaper.
- Sometimes they use bright geometry and large prints. But then they draw up only one wall. Allocate one of the functional areas, the head of the bed, TV, fireplace.
- The walls are glued diagonally. The area of the room will add visually if the drawing or texture is not directed in the usual way.
Enlarging a room with a combination of wallpapers
The combination technique will help to increase the room in height and width.
- Coverage of one color scheme, but of different intensity. Use both one-color wallpapers, and with a pattern. The lower part of the wall is covered with darker ones, the upper part is lightened. In order not to "steal" the height, the border is selected thinner. The lower part of the finish should not exceed a meter.
- A room of up to 10 squares can be trimmed vertically with two types of wallpaper. In a more spacious room, even 3 types of various materials are glued. "Companions" should be well combined in color, pattern. With horizontal and bright combinations, it’s better not to “overdo it”, in the small bedroom “ripples” are better placed in the head so that it does not irritate the eye before going to bed.
- An accent wall, on the contrary, is placed in the field of view. She is pasted over with expensive beautiful wallpapers and admire the beauty, sitting over a cup of coffee in the kitchen or relaxing on the sofa in the living room.
- Sometimes attention is shifted to the ceiling. Then it becomes a continuation of the accent wall. A small room is not finished with dark materials, so that the ceiling does not "press" on the psyche. The combination of "companions" is smoothed out, redistributing attention to the surrounding furniture.
- A small bedroom can be pasted with dark wallpaper only if it is close in shape to a square. Piers by the window or any other part of the room are made dark, except for those walls that should reflect sunlight.
- Large flowers cut out from your favorite wallpaper will be useful in tight spaces, silhouettes of a kissing couple glued on top of a discreet background at the head of the bed or houses, elephants in the nursery.
Tips for visually increasing your height
A low ceiling, especially in a small kitchen or hallway, can make them even closer. To visually lift it, use the following techniques:
- Wallpaper with a glossy surface will increase the height of the room, make the space deeper.
- A vertical drawing will pull the walls up. At the same time it is better not to use borders.
- The ceiling is papered with murals depicting a heavenly height.
- If the walls and ceiling are decorated in the same shade, the border between them is blurred, the eye does not fix a certain border, the space visually increases.
- Furniture is worth choosing light, it is possible with glossy facades. They prefer cornice lighting, LED tapes are placed around the perimeter, LED lamps are under the cornices. The spotlights on the wall cabinets point to the ceiling.
- Doors and windows are pulled as much as possible. The ceiling is made multi-level, combining its parts with mirror tiles, "celestial" photo wallpaper, equip it with a false window.
Wall murals and murals
The quality of photo wallpaper is now much different from that offered in the era of the USSR. Modern photographs, now fashionable murals have excellent quality, realistic, serve for many years. Any room will become more spacious, original, warm, if you use materials with the correct drawings when designing.
Stylish linens are made to order, in accordance with the size of the room, the general situation. Take into account not only the design, but also the purpose of the room. For the kitchen, images of flowers, fields, waterfalls are suitable. A picture with a terrace, a space plot is appropriate in the bedroom. Urban, natural subjects are popular in the living room. The visibility of three-dimensional space will create patterns of 3D format.
To expand the cramped space, it is important to choose not only the picture, but also its location.
The frescoes used in decorating are applied using various technologies and have different sizes and shapes. Even in a small room, they can occupy the ceiling or one of the walls completely, provided that the image has a perspective, imitate an open balcony, an alley that goes into the distance, sea open space. Subjects are selected based on the style of the room.
We select paintings for rooms of different configurations
Wallpaper is used not only for decorative purposes. With their help, you can change the visual perception of space, increase its height, lengthen or expand. Professional designers think through combinations of colors, patterns, pick up wallpaper paintings of different quality. With disproportionate rooms, certain difficulties arise, but following the established principles of selection and adjustment, even the most awkward room can be given an original stylish look.
For a narrow room
- Correcting a narrow space is easiest due to the play of colors. A narrow wall is decorated with bright canvases, a long one is glued with bright ones.
- If you want wallpaper with a pattern, choose medium-sized ornaments that do not crush with color.
- Geometric images, such as small rhombuses, blur and expand the space a bit.
- The old stripy reception is applicable in narrow rooms. The narrower they are, the stronger the effect.
- A win-win option is to choose a light palette. In the wallpaper store, material with a fuzzy chaotic pattern is selected.
- Use 2-3 transitional colors from top to bottom from light to dark, add, if desired, narrow borders.
- The “push” one of the walls will help the correct selection of color, the use of photo wallpaper. The long wall is finished with a vertical pattern, the short wall is horizontal, they hide it behind the beautiful drapery curtains.
- The best "friend" of the volume of the room is good lighting.
For a dark room
- Actual light colors, many light sources. It is desirable to cover the ceiling with a canvas a few tones lighter than the walls.
- When using photo wallpaper, attention should be paid to images with an increase in some small object (birds, shells), landscape with perspective. It is important not to spoil the effect of high furniture.
- Avoid dark tones, preferred shades of green and blue, gray, white. On the north side, the lack of light is compensated by “shiny” glossy wallpaper.
- Combine wallpaper in a neutral color and with a geometric pattern on one of the walls.
- It is advisable to use furniture with a mirror surface, transparent glass decor elements.
- It is necessary to abandon the colorful carpets, heavy opaque curtains.
For a small square room
- As in previous cases, it is advisable to avoid dark, saturated bright colors, not to violate the rules of proportion.
- Small floral prints combined with a large one on one of the walls will make it bigger.
- A small room will be more spacious if the traditional color of the ceiling is replaced by bright or dark.
- The low ceiling is leveled with a glossy, better mirror, coating.
- A large-format picture on one of them will expand the walls, a mirror opposite the window, murals, photo wallpaper.
- The floor should also be light with longitudinal or diagonal lines.
- Avoid large furniture, focus on its compactness, versatility. A vibrant decor item is placed in the far corner to create perspective.
Since breaking down partitions is not always advisable, implementing a few useful ideas will be more productive and not so expensive for the family budget. When you design a room, you should not use all the useful tips at the same time. It is always better to be guided by taste and common sense, take care of your preferences, feelings of the household.